Internship Vacancy // 04/03/17
Internship Position Vacancy Announcement
Marketing Communications Intern
North Dakota Soybean Council
Location: Fargo, ND
Salary: $14.00/hour – no benefits package
Estimated Start Date: June 1, 2017
End Date: August 31, 2017 with the possibility of extending the internship through the 2017-18 academic year
Hours Per Week: 20 – 25 (Some evening and weekend work will be required)
- Knowledge of agriculture through current course of collegiate study; prior work experience; on-farm experience and/or involvement with 4H/FFA.
- Ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Technologically savvy; ability to use Microsoft Word; knowledgeable about the Internet and Social Media (Facebook) and ability to use or to learn how to use basic office equipment (photocopy machine, fax, telephone, postage meter)
- Strong interpersonal skills – will interact with employees, directors, farmers, consumers, international customers and others.
- Business and creative writing skills and effective use of the English language.
- Flexibility in tackling a variety of work assignments.
- Ability to update website content.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in photography a plus.
- Experience in website design a plus.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, three references and college transcripts by April 21 to:
Diana Beitelspacher, Chief Executive Officer
ND Soybean Council
1555 43rd Street South – Suite 103
Fargo, ND 58103
Application materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter MUST include a detailed summary of how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Summary of Work:
- Proof-read, research and write material for the quarterly “Soybean Grower” magazine, Annual Report, Annual Research report, brochures, infographics and related materials;
- Provide general administrative support including running errands, scanning documents, printing documents, assisting with large mailings, and other duties as assigned;
- Post information and photos on our website and social media pages;
- Assist with website design;
- Assist in taking photos at Council sponsored meetings and events;
- Assist in organizing, setting up for and occasionally working at Council meetings and events including but not limited to trade shows, international customer meetings, Board of Director meetings, Ag in the Classroom activities, Bison tailgating events, Banquet in a Field event, Soybean Expo and others.
- Assisting the CEO, Communications Director and Director of Market Development with other duties as assigned.
For more information about the North Dakota Soybean Council, visit www.ndsoybean.org.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within a 200-mile radius of Fargo. A vehicle will be available for the incumbent to drive on Council business.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.